Monday, June 23, 2008

First photo assignment

My photo class is at the Spruill Center for the Arts, here in the ATL. Our first assignment was to use the white balance feature in program mode with the ISO set at 100 (outside photo). On my camera (Nikon D80) the white balance has seven different options. You were suppose to take the same picture in each setting to see the difference. We present today, of course the class if full of gay men, so naturally they are artistic. I did not venture to far to take this picture, but it was raining on and off all day yesterday... plus my models (Boo, Bee, Bunny, and Ben) would not sit still.
WB in automatic mode, the camera seems to do a good job on its own, hmm.


WB in incandescent


WB in fluorescent

WB in direct sunlight

WB in flash

WB in cloudy

WB in shade

1 comment:

Shirlie said...

I like the picture in the sunlight mode. what is it, exactly? And what sorts of things did the artsy colleagues of yours shoot for the assignment?